June long weekend and the July 2020 school holidays saw our first true emergence from the COVID-19 lockdown. The team at Drayton's Family Wines were happily run off our feet, as record crowds came, stayed and played in the Hunter Valley.
New precautions, new processes, new spacing and distancing all allowed us to do what we love – showcase some of the best wines in the world, and, get to see you enjoy them!
While we acknowledge the ongoing uncertainty that COVID forces upon us, we know that our ‘new normal’ is something that we all, as people, families, and businesses will need to continue to adapt to.
We’re grateful to the steady stream of advice provided by the Government, the support of our industry bodies, and peer-support (group therapy sometimes!) with our neighbouring wineries in this gorgeous area we call ‘Hunter Valley Wine Country’.
Safety measures you can expect (as at 19 July 2020)
- COVID-safe plan in place
- COVID marshall on duty
- Extra cleaning of our spaces, and between guests
- Spacing – signage and placement of furniture to support the 1.5m rule
- Seated tastings
- Sign in when you visit (contactless QR code coming soon)
What you can enjoy
- Knowledgeable, friendly service from our wonderful team
- Wine tastings to awaken your palette, remember old faves, or delight with something new
- Cellar door sales and special offers
- Nominal fee per person for tasting – redeemable with purchase
You don’t need to book with us, but note that this will vary at other wineries
You’ll need to book – give us a call (02) 4998 7513.
*’rock up, drink up, buy up’ and ‘BTB’ is for 18 yrs +, with responsible service of alcohol, in a COVID-safe environment.
Drayton's Family Wines cellar door is open 10am-5pm Monday – Sunday at 555 Oakey Creek Rd, Pokolbin.
Our online store is open 24hrs – no judgment for shopping in your PJs ;-)